Ordering a repeat prescription
We will aim to issue your medication within 2 working days
We have two dedicated receptionists, Agnieska and Ziad, who will check your medical records to ensure that your medication request is on your repeat prescription, then print it and give it to our practice pharmacist. The pharmacists are called Hitesh, Shailee, Zahra and Vicky and they will double check the medication to ensure that it is still appropriate for you.
Our team will then send your prescription within 48 hrs to your nominated pharmacy. We use the Electronic Prescription service; this means that if you have nominated a pharmacy your prescription will go their automatically. If you have not given us the name of your preferred pharmacy we will print you a token which will need to be taken to the pharmacy. The pharmacy will then download that token and give you your script. To save you time, please do give us the name of your preferred pharmacy and your script will then be ready when you arrive to collect it.
You can request your prescription in various different ways: Over the phone, Email, Online, coming into the surgery and filling in a form, or sending us a letter.
Order your repeat prescription online at a time that suits you.
Your details and information are protected by the highest standards of online security, so all you need to worry about is what to do with the spare time you’ve earnt.
Problems ordering your prescription online?
Use the SystmOnline Support Centre before you call us.
Please remember to give us 2 working days to get your prescription ready
What is a Repeat Prescription?
Repeat prescriptions are medications which appear on the reverse of your prescription. This is medication that your doctor would like you to continue on a regular basis.
How to request a Repeat Prescription
Repeat prescriptions may be ordered in several ways:
- Online – via our Online Services
- Electronic Prescription Service – You can nominate a pharmacy and have your prescription sent directly to a pharmacy of your choice electronically, ask at reception or at your pharmacy for more information. Visit HSCIC website for advice.
- In Person – Return the computerised repeat prescription slip indicating the medication you require to reception. A box is provided in reception to enable you to deliver your prescription without having to wait
- By Post – Post the computerised repeat prescription slip indicating the medication you require to the surgery. If you would like us to post the script back to you, please enclose a stamped self-addressed envelope. If posting please remember to give at least one week’s notice for a first class stamp and longer if using second class.
- Chemist – Some of the local chemists also offer a collection service for the surgery. Please ask your regular chemist for details
- Over the phone: to try and protect all our patients from Covid-19 we are now accepting over the phone prescription requests.
Practices across North West London no longer routinely prescribe medicines which are available to buy over the counter in pharmacies, supermarkets or other shops. If the medicine you need today can be bought without a prescription, we may ask if you are willing to buy it. Please see links below:
Please note to avoid errors, we do not accept repeat prescriptions over the telephone.
Delays may occur if your medication request is not on your repeat prescription list, if your medication request is different from what your doctor has prescribed for you or if your doctor wishes to change your medication.
Emergency Prescription Requests
Emergency prescription requests are request for medication which you need within 24 hours to prevent you becoming severely unwell.
Emergency medications include;
- epileptic medication
- inhalers for lung conditions
- emergency contraception
- Epipen for anaphylaxis.
Emergency prescription requests are not requests for medication which have been ordered late.
Please respect our staff, as it is your responsibility to ensure that your repeat prescription request is ordered in plenty of time.
New Patient Prescriptions
If you normally take regular repeat medication please let us know by:
- Giving us a copy of your repeat prescription slip
- Give us a copy of your medication label on your medication box or bottle which has your name, medication dosage and date.How
We will automatically put this on your repeat prescription here at the surgery.
Please allow 2 working days for a prescription request.
How to order a non-repeat prescription
If you have an ongoing problem and would like another prescription of a medication previously prescribed to you by the doctor you may request another script.
Please let us know the reason for your request and a contact number, in order for the doctor to review your request. Non-repeat medication requests will take over 2 working days to process and the doctor may wish to speak with you.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
1. How do I request my prescriptions?
You can request your prescritpion over the phone, online or via emailing the practice.
2. How quickly can I get my prescription?
If your medication is on repeat and you do not need a review your prescription can be done on the same day (if received before midday). If it is not on repeat, or it needs reauthorizing it will take up to 48 hrs.
By using this site, you agree that we may store and access cookies on your device. Find out about our cookies.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.