Covid-19 Response Level
With the current worsening of covid-19 cases we have been told that General Practice has now moved to level 5 emergency response level.
'All non-essential work stopped to allow General Practice to cope with very significant, potentially overwhelming, demand relating to COVID-19, acute deterioration in long term conditions and new symptoms indicating potentially serious disease. Public messaging that General Practice is open but that a very restricted service is available.'
We are therefore temporarily pausing the following services:
- Ear syringing
- Travel immunisations
- Private medical forms/examinations
- Routine medication reviews that can be safely extended by 1 month or more
- Pill checks that can be safely extended by 1 month or more
- Appointments for chronic disease management for patients with controlled symptoms who are well
- Ambulatory blood pressure monitoring
- Routine ECGs
We are continuing:
- Smear tests
- Childhood immunisations
- Antenatal checks
- Postnatal checks
- Flu vaccines for eligible patients
- Wound reviews and treatment
- Anticoagulation management/INR checks
- Blood tests for patients who present with symptoms that cannot wait to be investigated (these will be arranged by a clinician after a telephone consultation, please do not book directly for these without speaking to a clinician first)
- Checks for chronic diseases (eg blood tests, BP check) for patients with poorly controlled chronic disease that puts them at increased clinical risk if monitoring is to stop (if you think this may impact you please book a telephone call with a clinician who can advise on best steps)
- Telephone triage first approach - you can continue to book telephone appointments with a GP, Nurse or Pharmacist for any issues you need to discuss with us.
- Repeat medications
Please bear with us while we make these adjustments that we are required to make.
Please do not ignore any symptoms that are worrying you or getting worse. We are still open, we are still working, and are here to help you.
With best wishes
The Grand Union Health Centre Team
Published: Dec 31, 2020